The NCAA Eligibility Center would like to thank you for the feedback provided in the recent high school survey. The survey was a collaborative effort between the NCAA Eligibility Center and the NCAA High School Advisory Group. This survey is an important way to gauge the success of ongoing system improvements and the level of service we are providing to the high school community.
The survey, completed by 4,151 high school administrators (46 percent increase from 2016), indicates that 73 percent of respondents believe the NCAA Eligibility Center met (49 percent) or exceeded (24 percent) their expectations last year.
While we provided a high level of service to high schools in 2016, the survey showed room for improvement in the following areas:
- Clarity: simplify the core course submission process.
- Consistency: reduce instances of conflicting information or decisions between high schools within the same district.
- Customer Service: provide a better experience for each customer, by giving courteous, efficient and accurate service.
- Outreach and education: provide ways for high schools to receive presentations regarding the initial-eligibility process.
- Website improvement: find ways to make the High School Portal more user-friendly.
Following up on feedback from last year, the NCAA Eligibility Center established its policies and procedures for high school and core course review. That document can be found here. We have also begun a series of improvement efforts aimed at these areas including the development of an online NCAA Eligibility Center speaker request form, as well as the consolidation of informational materials to the high school community. Implementation details will be communicated in the coming months.