|As the school year kicks off there are two important steps you can take to help your students in their initial-eligibility process. Below you will find detailed instructions for completing both: |
1. Send six-semester transcripts for incoming seniors.
The six-semester (or preliminary) transcript task is assigned to high schools requesting transcripts for all registered students who have completed their junior year (six semesters). Please note that this is a courtesy to notify your high school that it is time to send a transcript for an NCAA Eligibility Center registrant who currently attends (or previously attended) your school. Your school will receive reminder task emails periodically until transcripts have been sent or uploaded for all students listed as a registrant for your school.
Note: By registering with the NCAA Eligibility Center and accepting the Terms and Conditions, the student provides broad permission for all schools they attended to share official high school transcripts and academic records with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Why is it important to send these preliminary transcripts?
- NCAA colleges and universities have asked for earlier academic evaluations of college-bound student-athletes whom they are actively recruiting. These earlier evaluations will assist the NCAA Eligibility Center in identifying potential issues with individual cases, and drive outbound, proactive efforts to address concerns throughout the academic year, rather than last-minute emergencies during the summer months.
- How do I send the transcripts?
- The NCAA Eligibility Center offers several ways for high school administrators to send transcripts. You can find details of each method
here. They are:
- Direct upload
2. Update your school's core-courses list.
The start of a new school year is also a great time to update your school's list of NCAA courses. A list that has not been updated recently could delay your graduating seniors' academic certification or prevent them from meeting the requirements.
You may add courses, archive those no longer taught and change titles quickly and easily on the High School Portal. Click here for additional information on updating your course list and a step-by-step tutorial.
If your list is accurate, please log in to the High School Portal
to verify you have no updates; this will refresh your account in our system.